One of the five year goals of the North West Partnership is to establish a coordinated programme for youth and children’s workers.
Sunday DIY was written to be a flexible, in-house resource for churches to be using to raise the standard of the Sunday morning teaching of our young people. We would love to see churches adopting this course as a standard level of training for all their Sunday leaders.
There are five sessions (with three optional sessions) to the course taking a leader through the basics of ministering to children and young people. Each session is designed to last approximately 45 minutes to an hour and all the information is contained in the booklet.
The sessions are:
1. How to make Sunday Morning more exciting for you
2. How to get children and young people excited about the Bible
3. How to choose illustrations and pick games
4. How to change your children’s and young people’s lives
5. How to look after your children and young people
6. Optional session – supporting other leaders
7. Optional session – integrating children and young people into the wider church family
8. Optional session – how to deal with different personalities in your group
And it is flexible enough for you to do it all in a Saturday or spread over a few weeknights. We did it over a series of Wednesday nights, like a homegroup. Whatever works for you!
NWYouthworks are offering to come and train someone from your church to lead the course in your locality absolutely free. We will come and take you through it, step by step. So why not get in touch with us and we will try and arrange an evening with representatives of a few churches in your area so that you can set this up in your church?
Sunday DIY is available from 10ofthose.com at £4.99 for one or 10 copies at £2.75 each.
For a copy of the Trainers Guide, please click here